CESIE is one of the partners working on the DesignMyFuture project over the next three years.
CESIE’s work on this project is led by Giorgia Scuderi, Project Manager, and Irene Pizzo, School Unit Coordinator.
CESIE is a European Centre of Studies and Initiatives based in Palermo, Sicily. It was established in 2001, inspired by the work and theories of the sociologist, activist and educator Danilo Dolci (1924-1997).
Our mission is to promote educational innovation, participation and growth.
CESIE is structured in 6 main units:
• Higher Education and Research: fostering progress, sustainable and responsible research and innovation in Higher Education and Research Systems;
• Rights and Justice: promoting equality, protecting the rights of people, preventing and developing responses to violence and discrimination;
• Adult: upgrading lifelong learning in adult education, boosting innovative practices and developing key competences for adults;
• Migration: developing effective and inclusive approaches for asylum seekers, refugees, and migrants;
• School: improving quality and efficiency in school education;
• Youth: enhancing active citizenship, training, education, and mobility of young people.
CESIE staff is composed of 50 individuals with a wide range of qualifications, skills and professional profiles, united by a deep sharing of ideals that lead our activities. At the same time, we rely on about 150 external experts that collaborate for specific activities, and 100 interns and volunteers who join us every year.
CESIE’s slogan “the world is only one creature” expresses the philosophy for which the organisation works: inclusion and equity for all.
During these three years, CESIE will be responsible for the Quality Assurance and Evaluation of DesignMyFuture. We will work hard to ensure a smooth flow of the project, providing regular evaluations of its progress, with the aim to achieve high quality outputs.